I will be checking personal statements for medical school applicants for 2020 entry. I provided this service for applicants for the previous admissions cycle and I received a huge demand and a barrage of positive feedback.
Whilst I will be carrying out reviews, I do highly recommend that you purchase and use the Personal Statement Planner I have designed prior to submitting your personal statement for review. The reason being is that I do not want to be giving generic feedback on common mistakes people make via this service, I would rather give personalised feedback to each person who submits their personal statement. Using the planner will ensure you’ve put in all the key components a Medicine personal statement that are required and also that you have avoided the common pitfalls. This will mean the feedback from the review will be more relevant.
What to expect from a review.
The average time I will spend on a single personal statement will vary depending on how much feedback I’m able to give and the number of suggestions I’m able to make. I do look through it thoroughly and add comment boxes suggesting points for improvement in as many places as possible. This can take up to 60 mins per personal statement.
The personal statement you submit should not be significantly greater than the UCAS character limit – I can help with cutting down a little, but you should use the 30+ tips listed in my planner to try cutting it down by yourself first.
How much is a review?
I have tried to make my reviews as affordable as possible. I will be reviewing each personal statement by myself so for each review I’ll be sacrificing a portion of my own time. As my time becomes more limited due to my own studies I’ll be increasing the cost of the reviews. I’d like to transparent with you all about this and thus share how the price of submitting a personal statement for review will vary over the months:
July & August: £10
Terms & Conditions
- The email address you place your order with is the one I will send feedback to
- I will have the feedback sent to you within 5 days of submission
- I can only review personal statements for UK medical schools as I don’t know enough about the application process of other countries to help.
- I will be doing all of the reviews by myself (my personal statement got me all 4 of my medical school interviews)
- Each purchase is for 1 review.
- I reserve the right to close this service at anytime should the demand become too high
- Please note that I won’t be held responsible for any issues that may arise out of this service.